Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario World

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 21, 1990

One of the few launch titles of the SNES (and bundled with the system in North America and Europe), the fifth main game in the Super Mario series brings the Mario brothers into the mysterious Dinosaur Land. It marks the first appearance of Mario's dinosaur companions, known as Yoshi.

Super Mario World on Wii U VC

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

With the new update super mario world is one of the proud (and few) releases on the wii U.

I'd not played the game in ~20 years, but all of the timing, secrets, and precision seemed to be there still. Unless it is a lot less difficult that the super mario U (difficult for me) it seems like playing this specific game is a bit of an ingrained skill now. Has anyone else had a similar (or very dissimilar) experience going back into this?

I'm kind of curious, because I really expected to struggle, especially with me being unable to even reach the end of mario U out of sheer lack of skill.

Toadorolum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played a bit of this at a friends house on the Wii U, the game is still the same game and I had little trouble clearing a few levels. Although I must say that the GamePad is not great to play this, I would much rather be using a SNES controller.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had to get my timing back down for a couple of levels but once I did it was smooth sailing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.