How many 2020 games have you finished this year?

• 51 results
Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Diamond_Lime

It counts if you have watched somebody else play through them as well.

I managed to get through TLOU Part 2, Ghosts of Tsushima and Doom Eternal.

I'd like to get through some more but I've left it a bit late to start pulling my socks up now.

Googly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Googly

Ori and The Will of The Wisps, Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3 Remake, Streets of Rage 4, Tony Hawk 1 + 2

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bugsnax, Carrion and Tony Hawk. Spent most of the year catching up on my backlog.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0, i think.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the stay at home orders, I was able to complete way more than usual: 11. And I think I'll be able to finish Cyberpunk & Demon's Souls before the year ends too.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Nodima

Miles Morales, Last of Us Part II, Erica, Final Fantasy VII Remake, MLB The Show 2020 (I collected MVP Mike Trout in Diamond Dynasty, which to me always marks the "completion" of that game).

I could probably brute force my way to the end of Spiritfarer with a guide if I really wanted, but I got stuck a couple times too many in that game and am totally burned out on it. DOOM Eternal was the only other game from this year I stalled out on and I'm in the "I'd rather be playing DOOM 2016 two more times before I even think about going back to Eternal" camp so it'll likely stay that way.

I also finished Wattam, Death Stranding, Yakuza Kiwami and Vampyr this year, with some dabbling in Hollow Knight, Shadow of the Colossus Remastered, nearly finishing Banner Saga 2 and a whole lot of time in MLB, Genshin Impact, Civilization VI and Bloodborne.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

None, the only 2020 release I've even purchased this year was Command & Conquer Remastered, and I'm not sure remasters count (but it's an excellent one of those).

MikeTopola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hades, TLoU2, Carrion, Tony Hawk, Streets of Rage, and likely some other small stuff off of gamepass that I can't recall right now.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Somewhere between 15 and 20. It's been quite a good gaming year for me.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I keep a list of all the games I've beaten so far this year:

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/fancysoapsman/lists/games-finished-in-2020/368127/

Of those, the games that were released this year:

In other waters, TLOU2, Evans remains, Paradise Killer, THPS, and Hades.

Overall a good year, nothing truly outstanding with the exception of PK, which might honestly be one of the best games I've played in a long time.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

None.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

16. I'd like to finish The Last of Us 2 and Carto before Cyberpunk comes out, but I don't know how realistic that is to achieve. Carto's only a handful of hours, I just need to sit down and finish it out. Last of Us 2 probably ain't happen though. Maybe Cyberpunk will just suck, and I'll have a chance to finish some other stuff instead. I've been playing Nioh 2 all throughout the year on and off. Would be nice to finish it off. Wanted to cheek out a couple of other things too. Haven, Sakura Wars.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Doom Eternal and I think that's it? I just checked my Steam and GOG libraries and yeah, that's it.

I played some Wasteland 3 on Game Pass and that would have been the other 2020 game I finished... if the fucking Windows Store didn't bug out, break the install, and refuse to let me reinstall it. I was always planning on buying it properly anyway and if Cyberpunk 2077 is as buggy for me as it is for seemingly all of the reviewers I've skimmed thus far, I might just go do that and play Wasteland 3. I expected that game to be a slight improvement on its sequel but what I played of it was way better than I expected.

Eroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5 Royal, Catherine Full Body (it was switch so I'm counting it), Tony Hawk, Astros Playroom (goty). Started but did not finish a bunch more.

Also played through Final Fantasy 7 for the first time in a long time. Been a weird year in a lot of different respects.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than I usually do.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definition Edition (arguable whether this is a true 2020 release but I'm counting it), Hades, and Paper Mario: The Origami King on Switch. I also played a ton of Animal Crossing but that's not a game you finish so it feels inappropriate for this list.

Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us Part II, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 and Marvel's Avengers for PS4

Dirt 5 and Immortals: Fenyx Rising for Xbox Series X.

I also finished Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling on Xbox One, and that came out on that platform in 2020 but on PC in 2019 so I'm not counting it. I also finished a lot of older games this year. I can't remember the last time I finished 10 games during their release year, and I liked all of them with Marvel's Avengers being the worst of the bunch.

I had a lot of fun with video games this year and I hope to never play as much again because it's really a product of being stuck indoors.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#16  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I have finished 122 games so far this year (if you check my lists, I have catalogued them there; I hit the 100-item limit so had to make a second list, whoops); if my knowledge of release dates is correct, it looks like 25 of them were 2020 games:

• Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Kunai
  • Good Job!
  • Doom Eternal
  • Resident Evil 3 (remake)
  • Zombie Army 4
  • Murder by Numbers
  • Sakura Wars
  • Trials of Mana
  • Desperadoes 3
  • Maneater
  • Carrion
  • Panzer Paladin
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Death End Re;Quest 2
  • Superhot: Mind Control Delete
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
  • Destroy All Humans! (remake)
  • Paradise Killer
  • Ministry of Broadcast
  • Tony Hawk 1+2
  • Hades
  • Disc Room
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Crash Bandicoot 4

I'm close to the end of Yakuza: Like a Dragon right now as well, so that should make the list as well :)

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like just Hades and Ori for me. Which is honestly maybe one better than normal. Most of my limited gameplay this year was spent on Hades, and the two Yakuza Kiwami games, and I often spend my time on games from at least a couple years ago.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I've played Doom Eternal, The Last of Us Part II, Miles Morales, Warzone and am working on Demon's Souls. Depending how I am feeling I may sneak in FF7 Remake before the end of the year.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AC: New Horizons (hit the credits, which I guess counts), The Touryst, Spiritfarer, Yakuza 7.

Pretty sure that's it for games released in 2020, but I've finished a bunch of older stuff in my backlog and ancient stuff on emulators. For whatever reason I either got tired of or was never interested in a lot of what came out this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many games have live service aspects now, but I'll note down ones that I feel fine saying I "completed" even if they had some ongoing thing:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: probably my GOTY, such a beautiful game. Tears were shed...lots.
Nioh 2: More Nioh, and that's great! Got the Platinum in a week. Never used new "demon mode"
Marvel's Avengers: Fantastic story of Kamala Khan, horrible live service. So much potential, very disappointing
Ghosts of Tsushima: A really good Assassin's Creed game, and not much more.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Great game, though the lesser of the 3 "nu AC" games. Wraps up the trilogy in batshit crazy ways, can't wait for DLC/next Game

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Watched the wife play through this. Weird game. Parts were very bloated for little reason, good VA and great music. Enjoyed that it twisted things from original FF7. Looking forward to part 2 in 2027

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

29 so far but probably 30 since i'm hoping to beat AC: Valhalla this week before starting cyberpunk when its out.

islanders 1/5/2020 2hrs

Thea 2: the shattering 1/18/2020 ~40hrs

feel the snow 1/19/2020 18.9 hrs

cat quest 1/25/2020 4 hours

dawn of man 2/7/2020 19.4 hours

coloring pixels 2/12/2020 ~52hrs

frostpunk 2/20/2020 13hrs

okami hd 2/24/2020 35hr 52min 11sec

Reigns 3/15/2020 3.7hrs

coloring game 2 3/30/2020 31hrs

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout 4/9/2020

Animal crossing: new horizons 4/13/2020

Streets of rage 4 5/3/2020 ~3hrs

xcom 2(wotc) 5/5/2020 44hours

ratchet and clank (2016) 5/19/2020

far cry primal 5/19/2020 21hr 40m

island saver 5/21/2020 7.5hrs

coloring game3 5/25/2020 20hrs

Final Fantasy 7 Remake 6/8/2020 37hrs

signs of the sojourner 7/1/2020 4hrs

Toejam & Earl 7/8/2020 1hr 57min

microsoft solitaire collection base star club game collections 7/28/2020

Ghost of Tsushima 8/19/2020 67hours

littlewood 8/21/2020 -30 hours

Spiritfarer 9/9/2020 23hrs

hades 10/5/2020 21.9 hours credits ~68.9hrs

spyro 1 ( reignighted trilogy) 10/7/2020 7.7hrs

minecraft dungeons 10/31/2020

astro's playroom 11/12/2020 ~6hours

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Playstation: Donut County, Bioshock 1 again, Bioshock 2 again. Warzone, Last of Us 2, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Castlevania SOTN

PSP: Daxter

3DS & DS: Ocarina of Time 3D, Spirit Tracks

GBA: Minish Cap

Switch: Forager, Breath of the Wild, Animal Crossing, , Golf Story, Super Mario 64, Mario Galaxy,

Wii: Epic Mickey

SNES: Super Mario RPG

PC: Halo 1, Halo 2., Halo 3, Yoku’s Island Express, Shadow Complex

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 25

#24  Edited By infantpipoc

Those I'd love to put on my end of year list: Ori and the Will of Wisp, the Flower Collectors, Sakura Wars, A Summer's End -

Hong Kong 1986, Gear Tactics, Spiritfarer, Hades and 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim.

Three I like but not sure if they are 2020 releases: Kentucky Route Zero, Black Mesa and Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE Encore.

Two I like but would not put on the aforementioned list: XCOM Chirema Squad and Timelie.

Five I feel okay about: RESIDENT EVIL 3, Cloudpunk, Carrion, Necrobarista and Ethereal Enigma.

The one I actively dislike after thinking long and hard about it: DOOM Eternal. It would be unfair to say that it didn't scartch the itch its 2016 predceesor left. It just kept on scartching way after the itch was gone and left a bleeding wound...

asylumrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going best to worst: Necrobarista, Tetris Effect Connected, Astro's Playroom, XCOM: Chimera Squad, Miles Morales, Bugsnax, Murder By Numbers, and the only new game this year that I didn't like, Doom Eternal.

Hoping to squeeze in Umurangi Generation before the end of the year.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the indies on gamepass like Undermine and Spiritfarer. Of the big games this year only FF7 remake.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

There's been a lot of long games on my screens this year, so I haven't had the time to complete that many. I've also back to play and complete games like Red Dead Redemption 2 instead of playing new games. But I did manage to finish a few games from this year too so far. Here they are.

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Doom Eternal
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
  • Hotshot Racing
  • Dirt 5
Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently it's 43. Some of them were released last year on PC but whatever. Here's the big hitters I've come across.

• eFootball PES 2021 Season Update
  • Dirt 5
  • Ride 4
  • NBA 2K21
  • WRC 9
  • F1 2020

I do want to grab Nioh 2 at some point.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my 2020 so far. I suspect I'll finish MW2 and Journey before the year ends, but nothing else

No Caption Provided

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

Only 12, according to my excel spreadsheet. I managed around 49 last year.

Vigil: The Longest Night (PC)
Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC)
Project Cars 3 (PC)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (PC)
Resident Evil 3 (PC)
Streets of Rage 4 (PC)
Minecraft Dungeons (PC)
Jet Lancer (PC)
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (PC)
F1 2020 (PC)
Art of Rally (PC)
Doom Eternal (PC)
hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

• Florence
  • Murder by Numbers
  • Frog Fraction: Game of the Decade
  • Carrion
  • Spiritfarer
  • The Solitaire Conspiracy
  • XCom: Chimera Squad
  • Streets of Kamurocho
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • What the Golf (Steam edition)
  • Yakuza 7
  • Hades
octavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made a concentrated effort to complete 12 games in 12 months, which I was able to do! Some of them were not 2020 games, so I'll list them separately.

1. Journey to the Savage Planet
  2. Wide Ocean Big Jacket
  3. Ministry of Broadcast
  4. Bloodroots
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  6. FF7: Remake
  7. Keep it Alive
  8. The Last of Us 2
  9. Carrion
  10. Neon Abyss
  11. Bugsnax
  12. Hades
  13. Spider-Man: Miles Morales

And here are non-2020 ones I was able to finish:

1. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
  2. Astroneer
  3. Hollow Knight
  4. The Messenger
MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Only a few games honestly. But here's what I did finish this year:

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons (reached credits on this one)
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious 3
  • Hades
  • Murder By Numbers
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Spiritfarer
  • Them's Fightin Herds* (Well, the story mode itself is incomplete since its just 1 chapter, but I beat it so sort of counts)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (Got all golds in the contests, so I guess that counts too)
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom Eternal and Streets of Rage 4.

hexhunter222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Only Doom Eternal and THPS 1+2. I've completed Hardspace: Shipbreaker and Teardown too but they're both in Early Access.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My 2020 releases I completed (in that I saw credits or medalled in each track/GP or ran out of doable things) were:

Hotshot Racing

Littlewood

Hydroneer

Assemble With Care

Stilt Fella

Offroad Mania

Carto

The Touryst

Spiritfarer

Finished few fair few more but mostly older games on Game Pass or from Humble Bundles. Wasn't sure what to expect when I looked this up - it's been a freakish year. Massively long/criminally fast - all the time/none of the money. Remembered that I finally got around to starting and finishing RDR2 - which ate up a lot more time than I thought.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Out of stuff that came out this year? Looks like about 6 or 7. Honestly I'm impressed as many mid-to-high profile games even came out in 2020. I thought for sure this would be a better year for playing my backlog but even then I could only do so much considering I've had to keep working full-time this entire time.

snaketelegraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think 9. I'm like halfwayish through Yakuza Like a Dragon but with the rest of this month being what it is plus how much content is in that game I'll probably finish it next year.

Fire Pro World: The Vanishing (I'm gonna count that since that's all I wanted to play of that game), Space Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Murder By Numbers, Trials of Mana, Death Come True, Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise, Ghost of Tsushima, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

unclematt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By unclematt

The last of Us 2 and Hades

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Zero....I'm still working on 2018 and 2019 games.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Diamond_Lime

It's nice to see people playing lots of different games and finishing games as well, I see it as sort of a recommendation.

There's quite a few games I haven't even heard of showing up on people's finished lists, so I'll probably have to check them out.

It's cool that people keep track of the games they've been playing and finished as well, it's something to think about.

tacobelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF7 Remake

Streets of Rage 4

Ghost of Tsushima

THPS 1+2

Animal Crossing New Horizons, if getting the K.K. Slider concert counts as the ending.

Hades -well, I completed a run but that doesn't really count I suppose?

Fall Guys? I've won two crowns

RoyalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RoyalGhost

Games I finished this year are

• Rune Factory 4 Special
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons(I think I could count it as finished in a way?)
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  • THPS 1+2
  • One Step From Eden
  • X-Com: Chimera Squad
  • Haven
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
  • Captain Tsubasa: Rise of Champions
  • Crusader Kings 3(I have finished like two games of it and started a bunch more Ima count it)
  • Hades
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars(finished all 3 Mario games)

I feel like the amount of games I'm playing that feel like I'm gonna finish them is less this year but like I'm not gonna finish Apex Legends and even Animal Crossing and Crusader Kings 3 are not games you really beat in the end. I also played a lot of old stuff this year and I did finish stuff like X-Com 2 War of the Chosen, Breath of the Wild Hard Mode, a bunch of snes games like DKC 1 and 2, Super Metroid, Link to the Past, SMW, Megaman X etc. just on Switch. Also played through all of Shovel Knight for the first time and that Megaman Zero collection. Lastly I have not really played much AAA from this year and what I did I did not finish. Right now Im most of the way through Valkyria Chronicles 4 I will probably finish it.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rich666

So far only World of Horror, Bugsnax and Demon's Souls (PS5)... hoping to finish Last of Us 2 and maybe pick up Cyberpunk77.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theuprightman

All the games I finished -

• The Witcher
  • The Witcher 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Alan Wake
  • Demon Souls
  • Astros Playroom
  • Miles Morales
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Last of Us 2
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2Anti Chamber again

All the games I started and fell off -

• Xcom Chimera Squad, (I don't like breaching or initiative)
  • Life is Strange 2, ( I don't like little brothers)
  • Spelunky 2 (Hades was easier)
  • RE3 (wasn't RE2, never could be)

I want to get back to the last two again in the new year.

• Games I played a lot of but have not finished -
  • Hades (fell of after the first few successful runs, still love it).
  • Satisfactory (currently playing, love it).
  • Minecraft - started playing because of the streams, had a lot of fun but I had my fill.
  • Civ 6 (played one game, conquered the map)
  • Civ 4 ( messed about with some teenage nostalgia)
  • Modern Warfare (I have never played this much call of duty, I made it to the level cap, that shotgun was so fun to use)
  • Animal Crossing (will be forever be associated with lockdown for me, stopped playing when the eggs came)
  • MSFS (more teenage nostalgia)
  • Fire Emblem for GameCube (had fun emulating it but I lost my best character to some bad dice rolls at the end of a map and turned it off in disgust)
  • Track Mania (needs more time to become crazy)
  • Watchdogs Legion (was fun to walk around London but story was...)

Games Left to Play

• Cyberpunk,
  • Also thinking about giving Assassins Creed Origan a go.
Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't actually bought any new games this year. Expansions for previously released games such as MK11, Destiny ect have been what I've been playing throughout the year.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Really just Doom Eternal, and that last small act for Kentucky Route Zero. I burned out on Ghost of Tushima, though I liked it, really.

Played some other games (Division 2, Control-Dlc's, etc). I'm most of the way through Gears of War 5. Dusk wasn't a 2020 game I guess, but it was fun.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. Shitfuck year emotionally and otherwise and I work 70hr weeks out of necessity.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In order this year: Cold Steel III, P5 Royale, Tales of Beseria, into Cold Steel IV which I'm currently playing. And then some Mario games with the boy sprinkled in. So one game from 2020. Getting old really cuts into your gaming time.

cparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cparks

This thread made me remember that I beat 4 Halo games, Minecraft Dungeons, and WARCRAFT 3 REFORGED (I forgot that was a game) in 2020. I think my total is around 27 or so this year, which is mostly new stuff/things people have listed, but I also beat Dead Space 1 and 2 for the first time! Overall a pretty good year for games!