Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PhilESkyline

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a solid RPG to hold me over for sometime. I've played a lot of Fallout 3, none of the DLC, and enjoyed the story, action, and atmosphere greatly. I've heard some good and bad things about Fallout New Vegas from bugs, corrupted files, and graphics looking dated. With the release of the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition complete with all the DLC, should I give this game a try or should I just join the Skyrim following instead?

P.S. This will be for 360.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rohok

Just get Skyrim. New Vegas, I hear, is better than Fallout 3 in terms of story but I haven't played it yet and I certainly haven't played it on the 360. Not that you even asked, but I seriously advise against ever playing Bethesda games on the console. You are missing out on so much great, free content that is really worth your time. Obviously you miss out on achievements, but Skyrim has STEAM achievements and you'll be able to link it to Giantbomb and record it here.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ftomato

Are the DLC worth buying the Ultimate Edition? Should I pick up the vanilla version and just buy Old World Blues?

(I've played Fallout 3 and I'm almost done with Skyrim)

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mandude

New Vegas is easily my favourite RPG in recent years...Bethesda games are optimised for 360, so as far as I know, bugs shouldn't be the biggest of worries on that platform, but I don't know seeing as I played it on PC. Even then I never came across any bugs...

Gameplay is slightly better than Fallout 3, but in terms of pacing and story, it's miles ahead.

mcpaul15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mcpaul15

The Ultimate Edition is definitely worth it. Not all the DLC is great, but paying 20 dollars for all of it is a deal

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty

@Rohok said:

Just get Skyrim. New Vegas, I hear, is better than Fallout 3 in terms of story but I haven't played it yet and I certainly haven't played it on the 360. Not that you even asked, but I seriously advise against ever playing Bethesda games on the console. You are missing out on so much great, free content that is really worth your time. Obviously you miss out on achievements, but Skyrim has STEAM achievements and you'll be able to link it to Giantbomb and record it here.

New Vegas also has achievements on Steam, and Steam Cloud support which Skyrim strangely lacks. The writing in New Vegas is also much better than Skyrim's, Bethesda are bad writers.

@mandude said:

New Vegas is easily my favourite RPG in recent years...Bethesda games are optimised for 360, so as far as I know, bugs shouldn't be the biggest of worries on that platform, but I don't know seeing as I played it on PC. Even then I never came across any bugs... Gameplay is slightly better than Fallout 3, but in terms of pacing and story, it's miles ahead.

More like optimised for PC, that engine is always better off on PC, Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim all have had less issues on PC than the consoles.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By VoshiNova

@Sooty said:

@Rohok said:

New Vegas also has achievements. The writing in New Vegas is also much better than Skyrim's, Bethesda are bad writers.

Rawr! New Vegas is a good time.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta

@Sooty: I think he meant that it was not terrible garbage like the PS3 version of bethesda games are ;)

and yes all the DLC for NV is amazing you should get it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.