Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Platform »

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was the second home console released by Nintendo.

I need help with SNES controllers

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Could someone who owns an official first party NA controller measure the length of the cable for me?

There have been conflicting measurements on my investigations and I need to know the exact length of the cable. Other dimensions of the controller are appreciated.

If you have a Super Famicom I would also like the cord length of those if you could.

I appreciate any responses. This information is hard to find and I want to make it more accessible.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By damodar

I've got a Super Famicom and my tape measure says that the cable is exactly 1 metre from the very tip of the plug to the point where it feeds in to the controller. The length of just the cable sans plug is about 45mm shorter. Famicom and Super Famicom cables are way too short!

I took some other measurements and here is what I came up with:

No Caption Provided

That was just eyeballing it with a tape measure and the roundness of it does make it more difficult, so there's probably a margin of error of a mm or two. Hope it helps. I can do the same with the plug if you wish.

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh wow thank you very much. Much more than I expected, I appreciate your work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.